Gasket & Seal Fabricators, Inc. was incorporated in 1977. The current owner, Jim Boos, took his first job after leaving the United States Navy with a local seal & gasket manufacturer. He spent 6 years learning all
aspects of the business before joining three other partners, Gerald Johnson, Rich Stogner, and a silent partner Kenny Butler, to form Gasket & Seal Fabricators. The company was originally opened in a spare warehouse owned by Kenny Butler, President of Butler Die Company.
Key Dates In Our History
• 1977: Company is founded in a warehouse of Butler Die Company in
St Louis, Mo.
• 1978: Company is relocated to a larger facility off Delmar Blvd. in
• 1979: Jim Boos and Rich Stogner buy out silent partner Kenny Butler leaving three equal partners.
• 1993: Purchased and moved into a new building in Sauget, Ill.
• 1996: Completed a 10,000 ft. addition to existing facility.
• 2001: Partner Rich Stogner dies of a heart attack, triggering a buy/sell agreement leaving two equal partners.
• 2019: Partner Gerald Johnson agrees to exit the company via a corporate stock buy back.